Mechanical Leak Detectors
- Two models to meet the needs of your standard fuel applications include the MLD+G (blue cover, copper vent tubing) for gasoline with up to 10% Ethanol and the MLD+D (gold cover, copper vent tubing) for diesel with up to 5% biodiesel.
- Two models to meet the needs of your biofuel applications include the MLD+AG (blue cover, stainless vent tubing) for gasoline with up to 85% Ethanol and the MLD+BD (gold cover, stainless vent tubing) for diesel with up to 20% biodiesel or 100% biodiesel.
- Piston style construction with reduced volume allows the MLD+ to react quickly and provide more accurate leak detection capabilities.
- A specialized metering pin unique to only the MLD+ provides precision leak detection for any type of pipework system including flexible, rigid or a combination of the two.
- Burnished piston chamber provides smooth operation and long service life.
- Color coded covers easily identify the model to the application (gold for diesel and blue for gas).
- Opens completely to allow maximum product flow during fueling operation and remains open with discharge pressure as low as 1 PSI (0.07 bar).
- Compatible with FE Petro™ brand STPs, as well as competitive STPs and line leak detector housings.
- All models are capable of detecting line leaks equivalent to 3 gph at 10 psi (11.4 lph @ 0.70 bar) when installed properly with the appropriate fuels - all models will signal detection of leaks by restricting product delivery to less than 3 gpm (11.4 lpm) and taking more than 4 seconds to open
- All models will remain in the open position during product delivery to manifold, with discharge pressures as low as 1 psi (0.07 bar) - all models will reset to "tripped" when line pressure delay is below 3 psi (0.21 bar) with pump off
- Detects leaks up to 10 feet (3 meters) above the point of installation
- Max. liquid viscosity of 70 SSU at 60 °F (15 °C)
- Gasoline models (blue cover, MLD+G and MLD+AG) are also listed for fuel mixtures containing 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline as well as diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels.
- Diesel models (gold cover, MLD+D and MLD+BD) are also listed for kerosene applications
- cULus listed.
- Third party certified to comply with US EPA requirements 280.41 (B) and 280.44 (A) for continuous monitoring of pressurized piping.
- Consult factory for other applicable approvals.
Standard Fuel MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors
Model Description 403168901 STP-MLD+G for gas, single pack (blue cover, copper vent tube, brass fittings) 403168903 STP-MLD+G for gas, three pack 403170901 STP-MLD+D for diesel, single pack (gold cover, copper vent tube, brass fittings) 403170903 STP-MLD+D for diesel, three pack 403172903 STP-MLD+D combo, three pack (contains two STP-MLD+G and one STP-MLD+D
Biofuel MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors
Model Description 403169901 STP-MLD+AG for alcohol-gas, single pack (blue cover, stainless steel tube and fittings) 403169903 STP-MLD+AG for alcohol-gas, three pack 403171901 STP-MLD+BD for biodiesel, single pack (gold cover, stainless steel tube and fittings) 403171903 STP-MLD+BD for biodiesel, three pack
- MLD+G are listed for compatibility with fuel mixtures containing up to 10% ethanol with gasoline, up to 5% biodiesel with diesel fuels, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE, or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- MLD+D models are listed for compatibility with diesel fuels with up to 5% biodiesel and kerosene applications only.
- MLD+AG models are listed for fuel mixtures containing up to 85% ethanol with gasoline and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE, or 17% TAME with gasoline as well as diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels.
- MLD+BD models are listed for diesel with up to 20% biodiesel or 100% biodiesel and kerosene applications only.
- All above models will only mount in the 2" NPT leak detector port of a 4" submersible turbine, including competitive models, or in a leak detector adapter tee (sold separately below).
- MLD+ models are listed for use with rigid pipelines up to 165.1 gallon capacity, with flexible pipelines up to 109.8 gallon capacity, and with combination rigid/flexible pipelines up to 274.9 gallon capacity.
MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detector Repair Parts & Accessories
Model Description 400440101 Vent tube (for use with MLD+G and MLD+D) 400449903 Hardware pack (fittings and documentation for MLD+G and MLD+D) 403123001 Vent tube, stainless steel (for use with MLD+AG and MLD+BD) 400449904 Hardware pack (fittings and documentation for MLD+AG and MLD+BD) 400518001 Leak detector adapter tee
- Pump Selection Guide (60Hz)
- Pump Motor Assembly - Replacement Instructions
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual – Turkish
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual - Spanish
- STP / IST Fixed and Variable Length Installation and Owner's Manual - Italian
- Installation: MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors
- STP-MLD+ Install - Spanish
- STP-MLD+ Install - Chinese
- STP-MLDPlus Install-French
- TB: Customer Instructions for Return of Product
- Typical Manifold System - Single Product Line Delivery
- Typical Manifold System - for Syphon System Testing
- TB: Understanding STP Serial Numbers
- TB: Check Valve Replacement Summary and Checklist
- TB: Electrical and Mechanical Motor Data
- Shared Learning: Wiring STP Capacitor