1/3 & 3/4 Hp Fixed Speed
Submersible Turbine Pumps
Active Air Eliminator
FE Petro™ brand STPs come standard with active air elimination, which eliminates air through the highest point in the pump head at all times when the pump is running, assuring air does not pass into discharge piping.
Safety and Ease of Maintenance
FE Petro™ brand STPs include a contractor electrical disconnect, which requires loosening only one bolt, allowing motor wiring to be disconnected without venting the dangerous tank vapors into the sump when servicing FE Petro™ submersible products.
Manual Pressure Relief
As a standard FE Petro™ feature a vent screw is provided to bleed line pressure to zero when necessary. By turning this screw, product is diverted back to the tank, dropping line pressure to zero. This reduces fuel discharged into the sump manhole or dispenser pan during servicing, further protecting service technicians and the environment.
If ever required, the pump can be easily removed from the tank by unthreading three bolts. There is no need to disconnect the syphon system or to remove the leak detector from the system to service the STP.
The VL2 pump fits 94% of all known tank diameters and tank bury depth combinations. The VL1 and VL3 are available to handle installations shorter or longer than this range. The telescoping connection is a patented FE Petro feature. Pump length can be set by making one simple measurement and setting the pump length without affecting the UL listing.
Reliable Check Valve
The STP uses the proven FE Petro™ line check valve. At 2 ¾" in diameter, this valve reduces pressure loss at high flow rates resulting in faster fueling times. FE Petro™ line check valves are offered in multiple configurations to best suit your line leak application.
Outlast, Outperform with Franklin Electric Inside
FE Petro™ STPs are powered by the legendary Franklin Electric motor and built for long term performance. Franklin Electric-powered submersible pumps provide maximum uptime and a proven track record in the fueling industry that spans more than four decades. They feature best-in-class flow rates and a long history of dependability.
- 1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed models are available in variable length and fixed length options.
- Check valve: 2 ¾" diameter fluorocarbon seal constructed with cast aluminum body and steel backing washer.
- Pressure relief valve: available in four pressure relief settings, integral to check valve. Standard model relieves at 40 psi and resets above 35 psi.
- Syphon: venturi-type syphon primer supplied with every submersible. Syphon check valve and secondary syphon sold separately.
- Air eliminator: every submersible includes a tank return path with one-way check valve to provide active air elimination.
- Electrical disconnect: electrical yoke for positive contractor disconnect during service.
- 1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed, 3450 rpm, two-stage centrifugal type pump motor with integral, automatic thermal overload protection.
- 1/3 hp models have a max. pressure of 28 psi.
- 3/4 hp models have a max. pressure of 31 psi.
- 1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed models require single-phase, 208-230 VAC, 60 Hz incoming power.
- 1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed models incorporate a starting and running capacitor, with internal bleed resistor, rated 370 Volt, 15 microfarad.
- STP-SCI single-phase smart controllers and STP-CBS single-phase control boxes are available for 1/3 and 3/4 hp pump control.
- 1/3 Hp max. motor draw: 4 Amps.
- 3/4 Hp max. motor draw: 7 Amps.
- Max. liquid viscosity: 70 SSU at 60 °F (15 °C).
- Standard STP models are UL and cUL listed for fuel mixtures containing up to 10% ethanol with gasoline, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- STPAG (AG compatible) models are UL and cUL listed for fuel mixtures containing diesel fuel with up to 20% biodiesel, 100% biodiesel, up to 85% ethanol with gasoline, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- 1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed models can also be used with diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels in a non-gelled pourable state.
- All wetted elastomers are made of a high grade, fluorocarbon compound.
- cULus listed.
- Consult factory for applicable approvals.
- Franklin Fueling Systems is an ISO 9001Certified Manufacturer.
Use this diagram below along with the Ordering Guide to help you build your variable speed submersible turbine pump.
A typical turbine model designation has up to five components to define the pump being supplied as follows:
STP XXXXX Y - A - B
- STP = Basic Model Designation
- XXXXX = Factory Installed Options (Model designations may include one or more of the following characters in alphabetical order.)
- AG = Alcohol-gasoline compatible (up to E85, up to B20, and B100) (Note standard models up to 10% ethanol capable)
- F = Floating suction adapter (1½" NPT female adapter)
- K = Intake filter screen (IFS, factory installed to PMA)
- M = MagShell™ (flow enhancing, expanded PMA shell)
- *R = Model R check valve (24 psi relief/22 psi reset for PLLD)
- *W = Model W check valve (16 psi relief/13 psi reset for PPM4000)
- Y = Pump Motor Horsepower Rating
- 33 = 1/3 Hp fixed speed
- 75 = 3/4 Hp fixed speed
- A = Model Length (see table)
- VL1 = Variable length range #1
- VL2 = Variable length range #2 (Note VL2 models fit 94% of all known installations)
- VL3 = Variable length range #3
- B = Riser Pipe Length (see diagram)
- Riser pipe length is expressed as two numeric characters that indicate the total length of the riser in inches. Riser pipes are available from 7" to 69" in 1" increments (additional charge for risers 31" or longer).
STP Horsepower Model Length Range Model Length Designation 1/3 Hp 55" - 83" VL1 86" - 147" VL2 118" - 209" VL3 3/4 Hp 57" - 86" VL1 88" - 149" VL2 120" - 212" VL3
- *If not otherwise specified, all STP models are supplied with standard model check valve (40 psi relief /35 psi reset for MLD, TS-LS300, and TS-LS500).
Standard 1/3 & 3/4 Hp Fixed Speed Submersible Turbine Pumps
Model Description Model Length Range Number Model Length Range* STP33-VL1 1/3 Hp fixed speed VL1 55"-83" STP33-VL2 1/3 Hp fixed speed VL2 86"-147" STP33-VL3 1/3 Hp fixed speed VL3 118"-209" STP75-VL1 3/4 Hp fixed speed VL1 57"-86" STP75-VL2 3/4 Hp fixed speed VL2 88"-149" STP75-VL3 3/4 Hp fixed speed VL3 120"-212"
Alcohol-Gas (AG) 1/3 & 3/4 Hp Fixed Speed Submersible Turbine Pumps
Model Description Model Length Range Number Model Length Range* STPAG33-VL1 1/3 Hp AG fixed speed VL1 55"-83" STPAG33-VL2 1/3 Hp AG fixed speed VL2 86"-147" STPAG33-VL3 1/3 Hp AG fixed speed VL3 118"-209" STPAG75-VL1 3/4 Hp AG fixed speed VL1 57"-86" STPAG75-VL2 3/4 Hp AG fixed speed VL2 88"-149" STPAG75-VL3 3/4 Hp AG fixed speed VL3 120"-212"
- 1. STP models are compatible with fuel mixtures containing up to 10% ethanol with gasoline, diesel fuels, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline. STPAG models are compatible with fuel mixtures containing diesel fuel with up to 20% biodiesel, 100% biodiesel, up to 85% ethanol with gasoline, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- 2. All models are supplied with a standard check valve unless factory option "R" or "W" is specified.
- 3. All above models require single-phase, 208-230 VAC, 60 Hz incoming power.
- 4. 4" riser pipe, if supplied locally, must be 4½" OD by 3/16" WT tubing.
- 5. For riser pipe lengths 31" to 69", additional charges apply.
- *Model length (A) defined as the dimension from turbine manifold bottom to pump motor inlet.
Factory Installed Options
Specified in model number at time of STP order.
Model Description F Floating suction adapter, 1½" NPT female, must be factory installed K IFS (intake filter screen) factory assembled to pump motor assembly R Model R check valve, factory installed, for Veeder-Root™ PLLD Line Leak W Model W check valve, factory installed, for Red Jacket PPM4000 Line Leak
Field Installed Options
1/3 & 3/4 Hp fixed speed specific accessories.
Model Description 400137908 Syphon check valve, alcohol-gasoline compatible (when ordered with STP) 400818921 STP-CBS, single-phase control box with lockout switch, 110 Volt coil 402312921 STP-DHI-SCI, combo DHI with factory wired STP-SCI (when purchased with a 4" STP)* 402312921 STP-DHI-SCI, combo DHI with factory wired STP-SCI (when purchased without a 4" STP) 402313921 STP-DHI-CBS, combo DHI with factory wired STP-CBS 402459931 Model 65 psi check valve (for slave of manifolded STPs with Veeder-Root™ PLLD) 402507930 Secondary syphon kit (when two syphon primes are required for one STP) 5800100215 STP-SCI, single-phase smart controller (when purchased without a 4" STP) 5800100215 STP-SCI, single-phase smart controller (when purchased with a 4" STP)* 5800300100 STP-DHI, dispenser hook isolation for 110 Volt dispenser handle switches, up to eight each
- *When purchasing STP-SCI or STP-DHI-SCI in equal quantities of fixed speed 4" STPs, the STP-SCI or STP-DHI-SCI will be invoiced at special discount pricing.
1/3 & 3/4 Hp Fixed Speed Downloads
- Pump Selection Guide (60Hz)
- Pump Motor Assembly - Replacement Instructions
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual – Turkish
- STP / IST Fixed & Variable Length Installation and Owner’s Manual - Spanish
- STP / IST Fixed and Variable Length Installation and Owner's Manual - Italian
- TB: Customer Instructions for Return of Product
- Typical Manifold System - Single Product Line Delivery
- Typical Manifold System - for Syphon System Testing
- TB: Understanding STP Serial Numbers
- TB: Check Valve Replacement Summary and Checklist
- TB: Electrical and Mechanical Motor Data
- Shared Learning: Wiring STP Capacitor