A True Watertight Solution
The UPP™ electrofusion welding process is safe and simple to complete in any climate and virtually any weather condition. An installer simply preps the components, fits them together attaching welder leads to the fitting, and then presses a single button on the welding unit to initiate the process. The welder unit itself calculates the exact settings required to complete the weld, regardless of the pipework diameter or temperature, leaving no settings for the installer to input.
At the heart of the UPP™ pipework system is the highly efficient electrofusion welding process that connects pipe, fittings, boots and containment to create a seamless direct burial pipework system. The welding process uses the lightweight, portable UPP electrofusion welder unit to form the strongest of assemblies, which is easily and quickly carried out - even in confined spaces.
The UPP™ Electrofusion Welder is compatible with all UPP fittings and products. In use on thousands of job sites around the world, the rugged water and dust proof welder features a state-of-the-art graphical display that illustrates the progress of the electrofusion process and provides visual indication of a completed weld.
UPP™ double wall semi-rigid pipe is flexible enough to coil and bend like flexible pipe, while UPP™ single wall pipe is also rigid enough to be used in place of fiberglass pipe for vapor or vent lines. Available in both coils and straight sticks, UPP™ pipe can accommodate the sweeping bends of a “loop” pipework system while the straight sticks make installation between dispenser sumps simple by providing a square pipe entry into containment.
Ready For Retrofit
UPP™ semi-rigid pipe is easily installed at sites undergoing a retrofit of existing pipework. The flexibility of UPP™ double wall semi-rigid pipe allows for easy installation through existing ducting.
Electrofusion Entry Boots
As a vital component to the UPP™ pipework system, patented UPP™ electrofusion entry boots weld directly to the wall of any polyethylene sump creating a watertight seal between the pipework system and containment spaces. They are specifically designed to reduce the number of fittings and eliminate bolt holes, rubber seals, band clamps and any potential leak paths.
Electrofusion Termination Fittings
The end of a piping run can be fitted with a wide variety of termination fittings to accommodate any application. UPP™ termination fittings feature an overmolded design which permanently bonds the metal threads of the fitting to an HDPE pipe segment allowing the same electrofusion process to create a watertight bond between the pipework and metal termination fitting.
- Pipe outer layer: High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)grade PE100
- Pipe liner layer: Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) resin liner
- Pipe intermediate layer: Tie-layer which permanently bonds HDPE outer layer to EVOH resin liner layer
- Temperature rating: -22 °F to 122 °F
- Primary pipe pressure rating: 90 Psi
- Secondary pipe pressure rating: 50 Psi
- 1½" and 2” double wall pipe bend radius: 3'3"
- 3" and 4" double wall pipe bend radius: 13'2"
- 2" single wall vent/vapor pipe bend radius: 3'3"
- 3" single wall vent/vapor pipe bend radius: 9'10"
- UL-971 approved for fuels including:
- Motor vehicle fuels typically found in consumer dispensing facilities like gasoline or diesel including blended fuels with maximum 15% MTBE, 15% Methanol or 30% Ethanol.
- Concentrated fuels such as alternate un-blended fuels containing up to 100% concentrations of Toluene, Methanol or Ethanol.
- High blend fuels with higher than normal gasoline blends with maximum 50% Methanol or 50% Ethanol.
- Aviation and marine specialty fuels containing up to 100% kerosene or leaded gasoline.
- Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida EQ-816.
Electrofusion Pipework Downloads
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Chinese
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Dutch
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - German
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Polish
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Spanish
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Swedish
- UPP Piping Installation Guide Overview - Russian
- UPP Above Ground and Marina Installation
- UPP Piping Above Ground and Marina Installations - Dutch
- UPP Piping Above Ground and Marina Installations - German
- Electrofusion Welding Instructions
- Electrofusion Welding Instructions - Dutch
- Electrofusion Welding Instructions - German
- Electrofusion Welding Instructions - Swedish
- Electrofusion Welding Instructions - Polish
- Installation: 90 Series Double Wall Transition Fittings
- Installation: 90 Series Double Wall Transition Fittings - Dutch
- Piping Modification in Pre-existing UPP Sites
- Case Study: Backup Generator Control & Monitoring
- UPP Piping Installation Checklist & Warranty Start-up Form
- UPP Installation Checklist and Warranty Start-up Form - German
- Gemini Fittings Case Study
- FFS Case Study - Smoothing The Supply Of Natural Gas In Europe
- FFS Case Study - Replacing Corroded Steel
- FFS Case Study - Hollesley Bay Prison
- Limited Warranty Policy for UPP Branded Piping & Containment Systems
- UPP Piping in Cold Weather
- UPP Piping in Cold Weather - German
- UPP Piping Checklist Warranty-Startup Form - Spanish